So, what’s in a kit?
The Smaller than a Breadbox kit, which will create a minimum of six pages, is made up of three unique, individual page kits. You will receive coordinating cardstock, patterned paper and a sampling of embellishments. To help get a jump on creativity you’ll get access to an online newsletter, which you can print or save to your files for future reference and a Recipe Card (aka sketch). Each full-color newsletter contains layouts made using the current month’s kits and a layout based on that month’s Recipe Card
The Bigger than a Breadbox kit will allow you to create a minimum of eight pages. This kit differs from the Smaller kit only in the amount of product you receive. You get more – more paper and more embellishments. You still get coordinating cardstock and patterned paper and great embellishments plus the newsletter and recipe card to help when Scrapper’s Block strikes.
The All Year Cheer Card Kit provides you enough product to create at least six cards – though usually there is room for more. Patterned paper, cardstock, embellishments, ribbon and on occasion a stamp. You’ll also get full-color instructions for each of the card designs created by the designer.
What is a member?
A member is someone who has chosen to register with us to receive a kit on a monthly basis, automatically. Their credit card is charged once a month followed by shipping the current, registered kit out to them. All they do is wait for the mail-person to delivery their kit.
How do I sign up?
There are two ways to sign-up for Apron Strings AutoShip:
- The first way is to simply purchase either the current month’s kit at the AutoShip price or a past kit that offers an AutoShip price. (*Note: once a kit has been moved to the sale section (Table Scraps) the AutoShip price no longer applies and the purchase of these kits will not enroll you in an AutoShip membership.)
- The second way, if don’t wish to purchase a kit upon sign-up is simply click on the “Members” tab on the top or bottom menu, then “Become a Member,” pick your kit or kits and fill-out the form. That’s it!
When do you bill?
Billing runs on the 9th of the month.
When do ship your kits?
We start shipping on the 12th of the month , unless the 12th falls over a weekend or US holiday, then we ship the next available business day. We ship via the United States Postal Service’s Priority Mail within the US. If you are outside the US please contact us for specifics on your home country.
Does membership have its rewards?
- First, you’re guaranteed a kit. There may be times when a kit will sell out before you’re able to purchase one individually.
- Members enjoy a discount off the regular price of the kit.
- You are able to skip any month, without penalty, by simply clickling on “Opt-Out” located under the Member tab. You need to opt-out before the 8th of the month to avoid billing and shipping of the upcoming kit.
Flipping – To Flip or Not to Flip?You’re kinda liking that Smaller kit this month, but you’re subscribed to the Bigger kit? Instead of skipping and missing not only the mailman bearing goodies, but the fun, drop an email to email@example.com to flip your subscription for the month. **Members who are subscribed to any given kit have first priority. Members wishing to flip their subscriptions for a month may do so, so long as there are kits available in the AutoShip they are “flipping” to.**
Subbing - Sometimes there’s just one paper line that, for whatever reason, just doesn’t work for you. No need to skip the entire month, just make a substitution.
Here’s what you need to know about Substitutions within your Scrapbook AutoShipped kits.
- What does this mean? It means that you can substitute one pack out of your upcoming kit, that you can’t use, for a pack from an available, same-sized, past kit that you can use. Limited to one pack per kit and substitutions can only be made from past kits that are the same as your autoship: i.e. Bigger than a Breadbox packs for past Bigger than a Breadbox packs.
- How will it work? Simply drop send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) about which pack within the upcoming kit you’d like to sub-out and what pack from a past kit you’d like to sub-in.
- Members can purchase additional items from the site to be shipped with their kits without incurring additional shipping charges. *Additional items need to be purchased prior to the 9th of the month in order to be included with the that month’s shipment. Items purchased after the 9th will be included with the next month’s shipment. (*If the weight of your package excessively exceeds the cost paid for shipping, we reserve the right to automatically charge your credit card to cover all or some of the additional shipping costs.)
- Finally, members may find a notification in their monthly kit entitling them to any number of goodies from packs of patterned paper to a monthly kit. Only autoship members have this opportunity.
Can I select the size kit I want to receive as a member?
The kit you register for is the kit that will ship every month; however, you can change your kit preference for one month or permanently, if you wish.
Can autoship members get more than one kit a month?
Yes. Simply select the kits you’d like to receive under “Become a Member.”
Do I have to be a member to buy a kit?
No. You can buy any available kit you wish, outright, without having to be a member. However, members receive a discount on their monthly kits. Previous kits, when available, can be found under “past kits.”
Can I purchase a kit at the autoship price without being an autoship member?
No. If you are a returning non-autoship customer or a new customer who has not signed up for autoship, you can purchase a kit at the autoship price before signing up to be an autoship member. However, by adding an autoship kit to your cart you will become a registered autoship member, following the guidelines of membership. Therefore you will begin receiving one kit automatically per month, with billing occurring on the 9th. Please review the above “What is a Member?” question for more information.
How can I cancel my membership?
Please contact us to cancel your autoshipment. You must cancel your membership prior to the 8th to avoid receiving the next month’s kit.
What if my kit is damaged?
Email us immediately and we will arrange for an exchange of new product as soon as possible.
If I don’t like my kit, can I send it back?
Although we believe you will enjoy every kit, we understand there may be a time you need to return one. In the event of a return you will need to contact Apron Strings for a return authorization number prior to sending it back. The complete contents of the shipment must be returned unused and unopened, within 5 days of receipt. Because we offer a preview of our kit for 2 weeks prior to shipping, we ask that our AutoShip members take advantage of our unlimited, penalty-free “skip” option if they decide the kit is not for them. This will avoid having to pay additional shipping charges for returns. In the event of a return, you will be given a credit to be used toward the purchase of a future kit. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
Colorado residents will pay 7.96% sales tax.